Crown Forum

Author Topic: Crown Proof-of-Stake development commences!  (Read 187 times)

higherbridge

• Administrator
  • Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Crown Proof-of-Stake development commences!
« on: July 18, 2018, 10:00:01 am »
Crown Proof-of-Stake development commences!

As announced on our various channels earlier this week, we have gathered all required funds to switch to a unique Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism!
Find out more HERE

walkjivefly

• View Profile
Re: Crown Proof-of-Stake development commences!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 03:18:04 pm »
Maybe I've just not looked in the right place but I haven't seen many details of how PoS is expected to work. I gather the staking will take place only in SNs and MNs; not in wallets.

Which is nice in that there is no requirement to keep a wallet open just for staking (although it could have been a nice use of a CrownPi). But, does it mean ONLY node collateral will be staked? What happens if someone has more CRW than they want to tie up in nodes? Or not quite enough CRW to buy their first (or next) node? Nodes are cheap right now, but hopefully won't be in the future. It would be nice to be able to earn staking rewards on all CRW, not only those locked in nodes.

What is the plan for reward distribution after PoS kicks in? Will the current miner portion be split evenly between all nodes, added evenly to the SN:MN split, all reallocated to governance, something else?