Crown Forum

Author Topic: [Idea] Proposal fee refund / static fiat amount for a proposal  (Read 1126 times)

Twister

• Administrator
    • View Profile
[Idea] Proposal fee refund / static fiat amount for a proposal
« on: December 19, 2017, 05:08:22 pm »
Currently, the proposal fee is 25CRW.
This used to be around 25 to 50$. But is increasing rapidly.

The goal as far as I understand for the fee, is to incentive quality projects and keep spam away. To avoid a Dash situation where one has to pay upwards of 1k for a proposal, why not decide what a reasonable amount is, and make a fixed function for that.

OR

Keep the fee in escrow until superblock is reached, and then release the fee back to all the proposals that passed.

higherbridge

• Administrator
  • Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: [Idea] Proposal fee refund / static fiat amount for a proposal
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 07:49:54 pm »
For overview I'll also post my comments on this here:

I think constantly comparing the CRW value to BTC or USD only promotes the stigma of us being 'an altcoin'. I can agree that having a dynamic fee in some way could be good, but I'm against deciding on the fee based on fiat or BTC value of CRW.
Also, who will decide when the fee should change? It seems like it would be arbitrary.

Mattblack

• Administrator
  • Crown web developer. Blockchain entrepreneur.
    • View Profile
    • Crown Today
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 09:11:59 pm »
I think it wouldn't be bad to make it a dynamic fee. 25 CRW can in the future be hundreds of dollars worth, and would discourage people to start proposals, especially smaller proposals. If it's pegged to '$25' or something, it would be dynamic and automatic, so no-one has to decide when the fee changes.

EdwardMorra

• Administrator
  • One day at a time, every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 06:49:42 am »
Maybe changing the fee every super block?

defunctec

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 11:16:57 am »
Good suggestions guys, I think for now a quick solution to this is to work exactly what you need x CRW, and then add 25 CRW to cover the proposal cost.
Just add a small line of text to the proposal explaining what the 25 is for.

walkjivefly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 01:27:08 am »
Adding the fee to the proposal means unsuccessful proposals will still have to pay the 25 CRW. A dynamic CRW fee equivalent to an arbitrary fiat amount seems like a better solution. Fiat isn't going away any time soon and it provides a much more stable reference than any crypto currency.

Elai

• https://www.linkedin.com/in/elai-nili-28768314a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 09:24:22 pm »
I think it wouldn't be bad to make it a dynamic fee. 25 CRW can in the future be hundreds of dollars worth, and would discourage people to start proposals, especially smaller proposals. If it's pegged to '$25' or something, it would be dynamic and automatic, so no-one has to decide when the fee changes.

I completely agree. Just imagine that the cost of implementation the offer will be two times less than the fee for submitting the offer. As for example, Dash.