Crown Forum

Author Topic: JOATMON-201905  (Read 539 times)

walkjivefly

• View Profile
JOATMON-201905
« on: May 18, 2019, 03:20:31 am »
Proposal Basic Information
Project Name: JOATMON-201905
Author: walkjivefly
Proposer’s Email Address: [email protected]
Funds requested: 2000 CRW/month for 1 months - 2000 CRW total
Proposal Hash:  3c67369ab31786ab1bff83c3634a71eb3b9b8983260d1f97c0e664bc741cdb4f
How To Vote YES:  mnbudget vote-many 3c67369ab31786ab1bff83c3634a71eb3b9b8983260d1f97c0e664bc741cdb4f yes
How To Vote NO:  mnbudget vote-many 3c67369ab31786ab1bff83c3634a71eb3b9b8983260d1f97c0e664bc741cdb4f no

You and your team
Manager: walkjivefly

Project Details
Project purpose
Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None
There are gaps in the areas of expertise covered by “core” team members/governance proposals. The gaps are dynamic and need filling to different degrees at different times.

I’ve been a Crown hodler since November 2017. In October 2018, with time on my hands, I stepped up to help out with testing MN-PoS. Since then I’ve stepped up to help out with anything else I’m able to. In the last month those things included:
    • 8 new Medium posts on a variety of topics
    • v0.13.4 testing including 2 new Gitlab issues
    • v0.13.4 update/installation script enhancements
    • v0.13.4 release notes
    • weekly updates of the Crown blockchain bootstrap
    • daily presence in Discord providing support/assistance across all channels
    • research into Phantom nodes (no immediate threat)
    • research into the possibility of a Crown Wikipedia entry (not viable)
    • completed the overhaul of the BitcoinTalk forum ANN post
    • contacted hackerone regarding audit/testing of the NFT framework

My project goals are to continue in the same vein. I’ve been investing over 100 hours per month in Crown for the last several months. I do it because I enjoy it. If the community think it’s valuable effort it then it would be fitting to receive some reward for it.

Ambition/Intention
The project is ongoing. It has already provided assistance to multiple operational areas, eg; development, testing, documentation, communication, support, infrastructure. It will continue to do so whenever/wherever I notice a need that I am qualified to address.

These are some of the WIP/possible tasks:
    • continued interaction with hackerone
    • continue creating weekly updates of the bootstrap
    • more Medium articles including a series of FAQ posts
    • more improvements to the update/installation script
    • new "helper" scripts for various tasks
    • get the Iquidus explorer hosted on a Crown project machine and publicly available
    • continued Discord presence

Proposal timetable and turning point(s)
The proposal will be resubmitted each month for as long as I have an interest in Crown and the community find it useful. This second proposal retroactively covers April-May 2019.

Acceptance criteria
Project is ongoing and the product will vary from month to month (eg: Medium articles, Discord activity, Gitlab contributions). Voters may judge it a success if they feel any aspect of it has personally benefited them or they can see it has benefited others or the Crown project.

Risks
None; payment is in arrears for effort I have already made. If the community think it was valuable they may choose to reward it.

Funding requirements
Proposal is for 2000 CRW, paid in arrears for the period April-May 2019.

The amount is not tied to any fiat conversion rate. 5 successful proposals will allow me to accumulate enough CRW for a masternode.

Communication
Communication will be through Medium, Discord and Gitlab. I have been, and expect to be present in at least one of those media every single day.

Additional comments
I’m a stay-at-home dad with a 1-year old son and a professional background in software engineering. I have a lot of “free” time but a lot of distractions/interruptions too. I can’t commit to a fixed number of hours, or working times per day. However, I am generally available several hours per day, 7 days a week.
My physical location in SE Asia enhances the decentralisation of the Crown project by providing coverage in time zone UTC+7, complementing other team members in Europe, Australia/New Zealand and the Americas.

EDITS:
20190518 New proposal topic
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 03:44:33 am by walkjivefly »