Crown Forum

Author Topic: First ever JOATMON proposal  (Read 146 times)

walkjivefly

• View Profile
First ever JOATMON proposal
« on: April 23, 2019, 01:38:29 pm »
Proposal Basic Information
Project Name: JOATMON-201904
Author: Mark Brooker
Proposer’s Email Address:  [email protected]
Funds requested: 2000 CRW/month for 1 months - 2000 CRW total
Proposal Hash:  4deeb6767a6d28bc46610368744aeefb17ff2aa6a79eee6b1f67fdfb63f5dd48
How To Vote YES:  mnbudget vote-many 4deeb6767a6d28bc46610368744aeefb17ff2aa6a79eee6b1f67fdfb63f5dd48 yes
How To Vote NO:  mnbudget vote-many 4deeb6767a6d28bc46610368744aeefb17ff2aa6a79eee6b1f67fdfb63f5dd48 no

You and your team
Manager: Mark Brooker

Project Details
Project purpose
Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None
There are gaps in the areas of expertise covered by “core” team members/governance proposals. The gaps are dynamic and need filling to different degrees at different times.

I’ve been a Crown hodler since November 2017. In October 2018, with time on my hands, I stepped up to help out with testing MN-PoS. Since then I’ve stepped up to help out with anything else I’m able to, including:
  • submitting enhancements to the upgrade process
  • managing/co-ordinating much of the PoS testnet
  • documenting testnet procedures and helping other testers get setup
  • writing the release notes for the v0.13 “Jade” release
  • providing technical support in Discord, especially since Jade release
  • writing Medium articles under Crownplatform banner
  • updating the bootstrap

My project goals are to continue in the same vein. I’ve been investing over 100 hours per month in Crown for the last 6 months. I do it because I enjoy it. If the community think it’s useful effort it then it would be fitting to receive some reward for it.

Ambition/Intention
The project is ongoing. It has already provided assistance to multiple operational areas, eg; development, testing, documentation, communication, support, infrastructure. It will continue to do so whenever/wherever I notice a need that I am qualified to address.

There is no commitment to (attempt to) cover all the perceived gaps.

My physical location in SE Asia enhances the decentralisation of the Crown project by providing coverage in timezone UTC+7, complementing other team members in Europe, Australia/New Zealand and the Americas.

Proposal timetable and turning point(s)
The proposal will be ongoing for as long as I have an interest in Crown and believe it is a project worthy of my active participation. This initial proposal retroactively covers October 2018-PoS activation in April 2019.

Acceptance criteria
Project is ongoing and the product will vary from month to month (eg: Medium articles, Discord activity, Gitlab contributions). Voters may judge it a success if they feel any aspect of it has personally benefited them or they can see it has benefited others or the Crown project.

Risks
None; payment is in arrears for effort I have already made. If the community think it was valuable they may choose to reward it.

Funding requirements
Proposal is for 2000 CRW, paid in arrears for the period October 2018-April 2019. If this proposal passes the next one will cover work performed in the current superblock period (block height 2332801-2376000, approximately 15 April 2019-16 May 2019).

The amount is not tied to any fiat conversion rate. 5 successful proposals will allow me to accumulate enough CRW for a masternode.

Communication
Communication will be through Medium, Discord and Gitlab. I have been, and expect to be present in at least one of those media every single day.
A summary of completed/WIP/planned “products” will be included in future proposals.

Additional comments
I’m a stay-at-home dad with a 1-year old son and a professional background in software engineering. I have a lot of “free” time but a lot of distractions/interruptions too. I can’t commit to a fixed number of hours, or working times per day. However, I am generally available several hours per day, 7 days a week.

EDITS:
20190423 New proposal topic
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:59:01 am by walkjivefly »