Crown Forum

Author Topic: Proposal suggestion  (Read 740 times)

higherbridge

• Administrator
  • Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Proposal suggestion
« on: January 17, 2018, 11:05:52 pm »
Recently we've seen a massive increase in the number of proposals that are submitted every month. This is great - it implies people are excited about Crown and want to help with either developing or creating awareness for the project!
However, it also means that currently more funds are requested than can be provided (in our estimation around 56,590 CRW with 43,200 CRW available). Which is a shame, because a lot of proposals are of good quality with tangible outcomes.

We all want to see as many proposals as possible pass - it increases awareness of this awesome community we have here and it indirectly influences value appreciation. I am personally of the opinion that having more good proposals pass does more for the platform and for your own pockets than trying to get the most CRW out of the deal does.
I'd also rather see 10 out of 10 people get 90% of what they think they deserve than see 9/10 people get 100% and 1 person get 0%. The last scenario does not fit in the Crown ideology, I think.
In the current situation this translates to up to 9 out of 18 proposals not being able to receive funding (proposals with the most net votes get payment priority). 
@twister made a nice spreadsheet. It provides a calculation of how much overflow some proposals have had due to price evaluation over the months (see attached doc).

Twister and I also submitted the core-positions proposal where we tried to be as transparent as possible about where funding goes. There are fixed personal wages and a variable section of which overflow will be donated to the dev fund. We've seen some other proposals either incorporate this too or report on it afterwards.
We think this a pretty easy step to take that will improve the system massively. Let's all consider this one of the basic standards we should set ourselves. And to those who vote: I think this is one of the criteria you may want to add to your list as well.

I would ask all of you to take a look at the doc and see if there's anything you can do to help Crown be the best platform it can. Let's take this to the next level.

Thanks!